1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

JP, I have a question for you. I am rolling into your neck of the woods this saturday to meet someone. We want to meet where 71 and 270 intersect, he has been calling it the beltway. I am getting a salter and just need to figure out a good good meeting spot. I figured you would know best.

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Tom,

You can meet him at the polaris exit which is one exit before the 270 interchange. Then you won't have to deal with construction going on there. Is he from Columbus? If he get off at the Polaris exit have him meet you at the Quaker Steak and Lube. For you that means turning left onto Polaris parkway and then right into the lube

JP

Here is a link to Mapquest for that area: They may have you exit at Gemini Parkway which is just before the polaris one. If so just follow that road and turn left onto Poloaris:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...ddress=&city=columbus&state=oh&zipcode=#north

3. jpp

you will have to zoom in on that link to see the polaris and Gemini exits I was talking about.

JP

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Cool, thanks JP!!!:waving: He is coming from Dayton. I will let him know. I appreciate the help!!!!:)

5. jpp

Not a problem. That would be the best spot for you guys to meet then. Easy on and off of the freeways up there.

JP

6. jglawnmowing

jglawnmowing LawnSite Member

Hey guys I currently am looking at my insurance policy and I need some help. I was wondering, if you all don't mind sharing,
    Who is your insurance provider?
    How much you pay for insurance a year?
    How much are you insured for?

We are trying to add addition services such as lawn aeration, fertilization, etc., and my insurance agent seems to be lost. Currently we have a $300,000 general liability, which seems like at times she is not sure what it covers. So I was getting an idea of what I should expect. Thanks for your help.

7. jglawnmowing

jglawnmowing LawnSite Member

Hey Tom,

Just to let you know that you shouldn't have any trouble coming from the North but their is a lot of new construction just south Polaris at I-270 and I-71 they are rebuilding the interchange there. Watch your speed as you start to see signs for the Gemini/Polaris exits. It quickly turns into a construction zone and isn't marked very clearly as a construction zone. So Columbus Police will sit by the bridge just before the Gemini Pkwy exit and radar people for speeding. I think JP will agree with me seems like the northside of 270 is always a work in progress. As JP said the guy that is coming from Dayton may have a little trouble, but as far as I know they are only closing stuff at night in the I-270 and I-71 area. I'm 99% sure that you will need to take the Gemini Pkwy exit. The Lube is a great place to eat hope you enjoy. I live about 2-3 miles from Polaris you have any questions about directions you are more than welcome to give me a call on my cell phone 614-581-0553. Hope you have a safe trip.

Joe

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks so much Joe!!!! I will watch out for that. If I get lost, I will for sure give you a jingle:waving:

9. jpp

Thanks for chiming in on this. I was not 100 percent sure about the exit up there. Getting ready to go to a high school game then going to buckeye lake on Saturday for a little rest and relaxation. :drinkup:

JP

10. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Felas,
    I need some ideas shot at me on how to stop scrapping up the black top of driveways with the trailers gates. I need something that will last and not blow off at 70 MPH. Any input would be great.
    Thanks in advance

JOSH:confused: