1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Go kick some GRASS. Biggin. They will sory it out in due time. Glad to have you with the elite BTW.:clapping:
    JOSH

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Tom That will be find, I need a hand with a few things, I'm going to pull the Spreders, and need a hand pulling out the ZTR so I can work on it.

Walker, Did you say you guys were putting mulch down aready??? I think were going to start 3-19 if its not to wet

3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

got everythng preped but the ztr and one truck other than that I am ready to do clean ups and mulch until mowing starts letters went out last wednesday so I should be busy on monday with the phone calls I hope.

4. GVLandscaping

GVLandscaping LawnSite Member

Well I finally found it. This was the second time I had heard about an All Ohio Thread and this time I just kept looking for it. Now I found it.

Today was a great day. Got out and passed out some flyers today, not as many as I wanted to but oh well. Those suckers are hard to get stuck in door handles.

Should have had doorhangers friday, but UPS screwed it up and I didnt want to waste such a nice day. Probably going out tomorrow too, but I think I will hit the churches and grocery stores. Think that would be a good idea?

5. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it necessary to register your name if you use you last name? :confused: Such as Elwer Lawn Care, as I plan on using. When my parents went to get their taxes done the lady told them that as long as you use your last name then you don't have to register it. If it makes a difference...I just have 10 lawns this year.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Good morning fellas!!!!:waving: Little bit colder than it was yesterday. Gonna be getting my trailer tomorrow hopefully. I think I am gonna do some flyering later today too. The snow, for the most part, is finally gone!!!!:)

Elwer, you should still register even if it is your last name. And yes you really need to. I had to register my company, and it is my last name. Its all part of the becoming legit

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Hey here is another example too, WALKER LANDSCAPE been that way for 7 years now. I am very legit (Except when there is payup :D ) very much insured. If its your first couple of years yeah play with it, but if you go career.
    Then be as legit as possible were if something happens THEY come after your BIZ not your HOME:nono:
    BLAH BLAH BLAH I feel better to get that out this afternoon got the the brain going LOL
    JOSH

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Hey how are you YES we layed some mulch for HOUSE FLIPPER guy down here.I do alot for him it usually works out to 5 installs a month. I still think its early for for landscape install ground is to wet. You will have a hard time machine edging and issues with mold too. I am ready thou.
    First of the week MON we are putting in a large drip irrigation system and full lawn service (Detatching, aeration and overseeding.
    COOL THREAD BTW SYDEN I think it will work out well.:clapping:
    JOSH

9. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Got a few questions. First, what is involved with a spring clean-up. Second, how do you charge for mulching and how do you figure out how much mulch you need for a job?

I worked all day prepping my eqipment today. I am ready to go (I think).:hammerhead:

One more thing. While I was passing out flyers this morning, I made a trip by one of my customers and noticed that he had a few trees cut down and a few large branches cut off several other trees. Whom ever did this left the yard a mess with twigs and branches everywhere. My question is would it be ok to send him an estimate for a spring clean-up to remove the mess? (This is why I was wondering what is involved with a spring clean-up). Last year, all I could get out of this customer was just a basic weekly mowing service.
    He has some areas that where at one time mulched and planted but he never did anything with them last year. How could I get him to let me do this for him?

Thanks,

10. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Another thing...What software do you guys use if any???