Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

if you can read and write you can pass the temps test what joke. and you dont even have to read the the thing reads it too you.

2. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

i passed it. i think the hardest question was what to do when u see a stop sign..lol

i also went and looked at the trailer. the guy has used it once just to haul mulch then it sat in his garage and he stored stuff on it. the brand is Carry-On which isnt the best trailer out there but it will still hold up for me to haul mowers and mulch. im gonna offer him $850 cash for it and see what happens.

im tempted to pull it with my John Deere down the road and put my scag on it...lol

3. KGR landscapeing

thats what i would do build it so its just like your gonna pull it with the truck then do it with the deere until u get a truck

4. born2farm

might look kind of geeky running a small john deere rider down the road pulling a 6.5x12 trailer...lol but if it serves my purpose.

5. KGR landscapeing

well you got no other way to get your deere and scag to the site. and belt walks r nasty and taxing it would be along walk home after 20 acers of grass

6. born2farm

well my furthest property is only about a tenth of a mile away this year..i guess you could say i got a tight route:rolleyes:

7. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

was it ever muggy out today! Mowed 6 and just got back putting down 90,000 sqaure ft of fertilizer! That wasn't fun, neither was blowing off the parking lots but i had the 4 wheeler there so i just put the blower on my back and drove around!

8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a lesco with the blocker on it no blowing needed

9. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

i probably cant afford it

10. born2farm

well this has been a great week for me picking up equipment.

i got the scag,

then i went and bought the 6.5x12 today for $900

then my parents and grandparents gave me an early birthday/christmas present of a 1997 Ford F-150 4x4. its a slick truck. they gave it to me early because i got my temps and they wanted me to get some practice time with the 5 speed. gonna go get my new trailer tommorrow with it,

so all in all im happy and got basically a new rig for $900