Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a cool project. Cant wait to be out doing that soon. I love that cause it makes such a dramatic difference when you are done

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it does you will be there sooner than you think thou Tom. That project should have been done in two days. Mother Nature has not been kind we were out there yesterday in the mud. What a freakin mess create more work.
    I think you should focus on the installs.
    JOSH

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

This weather has for sure put a damper on work. I hate working in the rain/mud. Makes the job look sloppy and just a real PITA. I will try my hardest to focus on installs

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Tom
    A wise man told me that I couldn't do both. So far he is some what right. I have had to hire on a few more F/T and P/T guys. We are getting through it, but man the headaches that come with it. I know from talking to you on the site you will manage and GET R DUN (Did I spell correctly?) You know if you ever have ANY questions that I can help you with just ask.
    JOSH

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Tom, Walker Thats the way i'm rolling this year, 75% of the calls have been for landscape stuff.

6. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

hey thanks alot, willie

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I was planning on doing installs monday and tuesday, possibly part of wednesday to finish up, and the rest of the days for lawn maintenance. So far, got like maybe a days worth of grass cutting. Kinda sux, but it is only my first year. It is spelled GIT R DONE!!! Thanks so much Josh, if I need help I will for sure give you a shout!!:waving:

That is the way it is turning for me so far. Everything but lawn maint. That is ok though, it pays more payup

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Tom
    Thats is what we are working our schedule around Landscape beginning of the week and mowing near the end with one or two days to run and bid. Most of my customers want it close to the weekend anyway. Closer to Sat the more the price per cut. I had alot fo Pre paid this yeat as well for mowing. That create some capitol for the old buisness and tha OLD man.:laugh:
    JOSH

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I wish I could get some prepaid stuff. Only on snowplow contracts do I get that lucky. Yeah, most people want their stuff done later in the week so the lawn looks good for the weekend. Getting captiol for the business and the old man is always a good thing!!

10. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Some more pics of the latest project

WOLBERS 007.jpg

WOLBERS 008.jpg

WOLBERS 009.jpg