Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Best time today was an 8.36@83.94. (1/8 mile) Best ever quarter mile time was a 12.97@ about 105. That was my friend that I was running against on the run I posted. He had a redlight (.447), I was sleeping on the line (.998) :hammerhead: but I still beat him by over a tenth with giving up about a half second on the start. :laugh:

2. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

that's funny! I thought you were just giving him a head start :laugh:

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn looks good (great actually) hope your 100% blue does well over time, don't you hate working in the Ryan devs.

4. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

where are u racing in that pic...doesnt look familiar to me as im always at 42

i have a 79 z28 that runs 13 flat on street tires...guessing 12.8 or so on slicks

383,naturally aspirated

5. lqmustang

Spent the afternoon at Magnolia Drag Strip. It's nice and close, about 15 minutes south of Canton. Used to race at 42 quite a bit, but haven't been there in a couple years. I've heard they are running most of the classes there on the 1/8 mile, so I'm not sure about driving all the way out there when I can run the same distance so close to home. I'm trying to get some suspension work done so I can get my 60ft down in the 1.6 range. Should be consistent 12.7-12.8 if I can get there. Sounds like you and I could have a nice race. Might have to line them up sometime down the road. :waving:

6. thefed

from Ohio

sounds like a plan

so, is this magnolia a 1/8 mile? ive never seen anyone run 1/8 at 42....and i go there about 4 times/year....so that doesnt mean it doesnt happen...but i go to test n tune once a month for the summer and never saw an 1/8 mi run

7. lqmustang

Magnolia is 1/8 mile.

From what I've heard, when they repaved the track last spring there is a nasty bump at the end of the track so they made the faster classes 1/8 mile now. From what their website says, the top, mod, and bike classes are all running 1/8, and the street trophy is running the 1/4.

8. thefed

from Ohio

guess im just too slow to have it affect me lol

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it did suck. I have a few more to do this year there. I was very impressed with how it turned out. Took three weeks for it to look like that. It is very, very established. When it is fully done, I will have more pics and will most def. be going on some flyers and eventually my website

10. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Sydenstricker nice job on the lawn install,looks really good.Hopefully one day i can start doing bigger jobs like that.Thanks for the advice on the bed edger I was thinking of renting also.I also might check on purchasing one also.Have any idea what one might cost.Thanks again

Brent