Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Brent, a good bed edger will probably run you about 1 grand or more. I dont know the price exactly off hand though, as I dont have a bed edger. That lawn install was very fun. It is in a new housing complex in Kent. So many of the neighbors were kicking themselves for not having us do their lawn instead of the other landscapers. We were able to cut the front lawn three, thats right, 3 WEEKS after I did the job. It feels like a nice, thick, lush carpeting. I am so proud of that, since it was my first job I did.

2. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Thank you for the info sydenstricker how long have you been in the bussiness?i have been doing this 5yrs,just mowing,mulch,and clean ups.Hopefully can get a little bigger eventually

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Brent, this is my first year in business, but have been doing this since I was 13. I am only 20 now. I took 3 years of horticulture in high school and also 4 years of business management as well. I love doing this, it is my long term career. Right now I do maintenance, clean ups, landscape/lawn installs, irrigation, snow and ice management, soon design and architecture when the wife gets herself into college for it and graduates. I guess you could say I am a full sevice company.

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hi fellas, what's happening on this Monday night? Went out and did the Monday route today. Everything needed cut but it sure was dusty out there. I think I inhaled a whole baseball diamond of dirt. Even though we are up 5 inches on precip here we need some rain to settle the dust and kick start the fert.Normally by now I am double cutting. But no way am going to complain about not having to do double cut. Cause when I have to double cut, I will complain then. :laugh:

JP

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom
    Lawn looks great good job on the install. You keep up the good quality work up there.:clapping:
    Dad
    A bed edger will cost you any where from $1700.00 to $2200.00 (HYDRO).
    It would be a good investment in the long run if you do alot of installs.
    JOSH:waving:

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks Josh!!!:waving: How is that install you are doing that you posted on here comming along? I will keep doing my quality work, it is all I know how to do. I cant even try to do half ass work.

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

We finished that last week. Still behind here thou. Busy Busy Busy. Better than nothing to do because I would be out of buisness.:hammerhead:
    We knocked out two commercial mulch and edge jobs today. That is a small load off. Phone keeps ring thou.:dancing:
    JOSH

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Josh, sounds like you got things done GIT R DONE style!!! Good for you!! Hey have you heard anything yet of the gas prices supposedly shooting to like 4 dollars a gallon this summer for the national average?? That will blow if it does!!!! Not looking forward to that:cry:

9. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Guess we will have to raise those prices again.:hammerhead: Just until those prices go back down.
    JOSH

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I think some customers will sh*t a brick if I have to raise prices because of a fuel surcharge!!!! Oh well, it comes with the territory!!!