1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. joe the lawn guy

joe the lawn guy LawnSite Senior Member

rain here so i'm going to do est. i'll start at 12 and hope to be done by dark .love to hate the rain :cool2::cool2:

2. the angler

the angler LawnSite Member

no work today .i did a small prunning job yesterday...goin to change blades and clean my equipment up........we are moving in a week and wantede to post this question before i tried other posts so i dont get beat down...we are moving about 30 minutes south of canton the whole area seems pretty poor im not planing on getting to much work down there this year but working oin a plan for next.....im thinking of becomeing a lowballer in this area,people dont have the money in that areea im thinking i will do twice the work and maybe still not get the moiney im making where im at now ......
    IS THIS THE ANSWER ???? how do you guys feel about this????

3. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

its about the same around here. there is only one other LCO in my area and we do about the same as you are saying. my area isnt poor just no one wants to pay for the work. i price a little on the low side and figure if i can get more jobs at a low price it will be the same as less jobs at a high price that i cant get. i just gotta work harder every week. its up to u if you want to be a "lowballer" or not. i dont think that setting your price to what the area can handle is lowballing but thats just me.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

got alot of rain here so we spent the day in the shop doing maintenance and repairs on everything and i got cought up on paper work. first real rain day so far this season, had a few late starts and early quits but first whole day without working.

5. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member

Mine ran, but wouldn't run at full power, and was hard to start. They replaced the "Grommet" and Fuel line. Done Deal.

6. chevydump03

chevydump03 LawnSite Member

Hey, good to meet you today. It's always nice to put a face to a name (most of the time) lol:):)

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

LOL it was nice to meet Joe the lawn guy LOL

8. Clapper&Company

from NE Ohio

Where you moving?

9. Clapper&Company

from NE Ohio

10. Travis E