Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

ya kgr...im just glad that im not to far in the buisness yet.

the thing is that i want to farm full time out of high school (thats my first love in life lol) and i dont want to build cliantell for 3 years and then sell my buisness off. and even part time farming and lawn care clash to much time wise

2. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

just keep it small, do good work and continue like you have planned. Even if you don't end up doing the whol lawn side of it, you can still grow to plowing because you will not be farming in the winter!

3. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know about you but last time i check animals dont feed them selfs in the winter o ya i hate milk cows i am a no non sense beef cattle type. milking is for suckers

4. Travis E

i meant crops, i don't know what they all have at your farm brock, animal wise.

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Morngin guys!

Brock just hang in there, remember you will have more time once you our out of school too!

6. born2farm

well here is the deal. once im 16 i ill need to be around full time in the spring and fall. im not worried about the winter. but once fall gets here i will be back in school and after school i need to go to the farm. this means that i wont have much time to do lawns. the only slow time we have on a 5000ac grain farm is the late summer and winter.

7. Travis E

just drop out of school and you will have time for both. lol don't listen to me

8. born2farm

lol ya right. my parents would kill me.

9. Travis E

then you wouldn't have to worry about anything! lol j/k

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

That wasnt very good to tell him lol