1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member

That sux JP. I know the feeling. Look on the bright side, Tomorrow's another Day... Of Headaches (Hehe, J.K.). I wrecked a new pair of Oakleys last year... Needless to say I was not a happy camper.
    In speaking of Campers.... Brock, I hope ya catch some Husky Muskie while you're at Leesville Lake. Don't call Clapper..... He's nothing but trouble. ;) Hehe, I had to mess with Ron.
    Travis. Man you got "Hosed" on those invoices. Do you use QuickBooks? My Bookeeper just prints out my invoices on an InkJet Printer (Letterhead, Company Logo, etc.). No need to go to a Professional Printer for Invoices, Yearly Contracts, Job Estimate Sheets, etc. You can get just as a professional looking invoice by doing it yourself. For Business Cards, I get mine from VistaPrints.com You can get "HIGH QUALITY" Business Cards cheap. Their Quality is GREAT, plus they are the cheapest that I could find (other than OfficeMax.... They stink). Here's a Link. http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?GP=7%2F14%2F2008+8%3A16%3A58+PM
  2. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member

I do recommend purchasing a "Signature Stamp", a Stamp with a return address, and a stamp for depositing checks (i.e. "Pay to the Order of.....", Company Name, and Account Number). For the price the Stampers (about $15 each)..... You can save enough time to cut another lawn every week, by cutting your paperwork down. Which means you can make more $$$$$.
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Yeo Cbris is sure does. That side was repainted this past spring when it went in from my plowing accident. :cry: I have some touch up paint but I am going to try to do some wax on it too. But like you said Tuesday is a new day. lol I hope it is a better day. I think I am going to turn in for the night and end this day. Have a good one on Tuesday.

PS but the homerun derby contest is fun to watch right now too.
  4. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to use vista print but decided to try to do business locally. I need to get quickbooks or something similar. All my work today just might cover my bill from the print shop. Dang that reminds me, sign company here hasn't gotten back with me about my john deere decals, time to email them AGAIN.
  5. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

hey guys, sorry to hear about your day JP! Oh well hope everything goes good tomorrow!:waving:
  6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

It gets worse and worse everyday anybody ready to plow yet other then ron
  7. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm ready, dreampt about plowing last night lol just need to finish my upgrading
  8. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

travis that reminds me i need new plow lights for the meyer need to grease down the rams again change fluid soon ugh. i dont even know if i am gonna plow if i cant get the new prices with gas off the wall i wont do it
  9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

JP sorry about your day !

Chris I hear you lol, I'll be up that way this week end:D

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas how is everyone? Sounds like ups and downs like usual. Been staying busy down here. YEAH have a week vacation coming up soon. YEAH.
    Did you ever get that wall and walkway done?
    I dont know if I told you yet but the lettering looks great on the truck. The grill I am jealous :cry::drinkup: I have ran a few parades myself good way to just get some FREE advertising. Just smile and wave.:waving:
    Sorry to hear about your consecutive MONDAYS LOL