Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

the ends are spring loaded so if you hit somthing, it wont all be dicked up.

2. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

my dad has a simialar one he got a tsc. the only difference is his boom just has 3 hide pattern nozzels.

i think i could build a nice mounted unit that works better for the same price.

3. Travis E

I don't know what i'm going to do. I'll have my dad look at it to see if its built good enough, when i told him the price he about ****. I have a couple big spray jobs so it would be nice. I figured i could add some shut off valves so that if i need to make a smaller one for smaller yards i can.

4. born2farm

well i got looking at our sprayer on the farm (1200 gal with 105' booms) and i think i can make a nice 40-50 gal sprayer with a high pressure pump and a hand wand for a little under 500. i would make mine with some quick disconnects so i can go from say a 36in to a 52in boom and bigger if i need.

5. Travis E

I mean by the time I would get the tank, spray nozles, pump, tires, build everything, i can't beat that price really. SOme times you can make something to save some money but i want something that is a little more built from a enginerred plan.

6. born2farm

well mine would be a mounted unit. i would just rather build it to suit my needs. if you do get it you might want to drop the booms down some cuz the overspray is terrible on ours.

7. Travis E

thats about where mine is now and seems to work great. It is adjustable though which would of been great today because i was spraying weeds over 2 ft tall.

8. born2farm

what sprayer you got now??

i think im going to stick with granular fert apps and small backpack sprayer for weed control.

9. Travis E

One my dad made about 15 years ago. Has only a 12 gallon tank, not very wide of a spray, old moped tires for wheels, pretty cheap.

10. born2farm

well im off of here.

you guys think 18in cones are big enough for occasional use on the side of the road?