Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Buckeye Lawncare

Buckeye Lawncare LawnSite Member

Welcome to Lawnsite!

I am really close to you, I live in Baltimore (work in Baltimore, Lancaster, and Millersport).
    Word of Mouth is the best form of Advertising. In the spring I run an ad in the Advertiser and I put out some fliers. As far as pricing goes my minimum is $25 for small city lots. I try to get anywhere from $1-2 a minute for mowing. For a contract template go to gopher software website( I can't remember their website). That is where I got some of the ideas for my mine, but for the most part I wrote most of my own.

2. Dublinboy13

Dublinboy13 LawnSite Member

Hey im in central ohio and am looking for a new mower. Any suggestions on where I should shop. I am looking for a hydro or belt walkbehind that is <$4000

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a QUICK 36 or 44 depending on your usage .....you will be glad you did ....IMHO
  4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

You have a couple of dealers close to you that I know of for sure. Voss brothers on Sawmill parkway and BPS on Industrial pkwy. Grab the yellow pages and look them up.

Since we have a boat load of different mowers do you have an idea on what brand you are looking at really hard.

5. jpp

Welcome and since Buckeye is in your area he gave you and idea of prices in your area. My prices are on average of 30 per yard . But I am mostly in Clintonville and Upper Arlington and Grandview areas.

6. jpp

Actually Welcome to all the new Ohio members that have joined the chat.

7. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Hello everyone havent been on lately been workin my azz off.Sure like everyone else.I hope everything is going good for everyone.Been doing alot of mowing and mulch installs.Well any ideas on how to find good help that seems to be the hardest part about this business.Talk to everyone later
  8. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking for a used Gator or something similar and also a 20+ft enclosed trailer.
  9. Dublinboy13

Dublinboy13 LawnSite Member

I am looking into a Scag or Exmark but I am open to other decisons. That Quick 44 looks nice does anyone have one??

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL!!!! Good luck!!! I am kickin in the same stomping grounds as you are. Our good ole 10 dollar grass cutters are really putting the old damper on things. It seems like ALOT of people in this area really dont want much done or are going with the cheap ass lowballing SOB's!!!!!:hammerhead: I really dont waste my time in Cuyahoga county unless it is Gates Mills, Mayfield, Highland Hts, etc