Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I can do that . As long as the guy paying me likes it . I'm happy

Blue pacific
    Shore Juniper

are you in zone 5 ? thats where I'm at so thats what I use . I think grass would be hard to cut down with a pond be side it .

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no clue of all the zones. I don't really think so much of grass the needs cut all the time, but then again i don't know much about this, just trying to help the group out with some sugestions. They just mentioned grassy plants but anything that would help i'm sure they would go for.

3. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

heres a pic of a pic . I did not plant this. He!! it still cool, that's water falling under the plant .

HPIM5931.jpg

4. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

What county are you in ?

5. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

alllen/van wert/ putnam..i think its 5 also, thats what a website just showed.

6. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

yep sorry I can't think of a good grass . for wet app's.

7. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I am leaning more towards swamp species. Salix ssp. Especially Sailx Integra "Hakaro Nishiki", anything in the Salix Family, Viburnum Nudum, Thuja Occidentalis, Ilex, Fothergilla Gardenii, Cornus Amomum "Cinderella", Cornus Stolonifera, also some Vaccinum ssp. (Special thanks to Horticopia)

PS No grasses came up on the search.

8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

crown veg is the best for what your doing

9. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

What is "crown Vegetation"? I haven't heard that before.

10. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

crown veg. is what the state uses along the free ways with the purple flower .

we have 2" on the grass here.:dizzy: I'm off to pull more bushes . looks like we'll be mowing next week for the past 3 years I've started on the 15 of april why change it now. :cry: