1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Hey everyone hope you all had a nice 4th mine was ok.I havent been on in awhile.Hope everybodys year is going good.Not much rain here either.Most of my lawns are going to be going on every two weeks if it doesnt rain soon.Figures grass stops growing because i just bought a new ztr.A gravely xdz152 nice mower i like it alot.It is my first ztr.So sorry guys thats why we havent got any rain because i bought this mower its all my fault lol.Well that is all for now.

Brent

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It is kinda raining right now. Little sprinkles, lol. I could pee harder. All of my install/hardscape work is done, so back to mowing:cry: I need to hussle some more work!!!!

Anyways, lets get an Ohio rain dance going, lol. Maybe then it will rain!!!:rolleyes:

3. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

The rain dance sounds good to me.Whatever it takes lol

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom
    Hey are we dancing for mother nature :cool2: :cool2: again. I remember we were doing a tap dance for some snow last year.LOL Tom go easy on doing the jig up there till after this weekend I would like to stay dry up there this weekend. :)
    JOSH

5. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

Walker, grandview is in columbus ohio. I actually live about 2 min away from jpp or JP. Getting ready to go out and mow my customers who water and give some landscape est. payup

shawn

6. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

SHAWN
    Good luck I hope you get them Make some green and hope for some more.
    JOSH

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Rhino , How's business ??? We are located in Hilliard and always looking for customers and praying for rain LOL

8. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

All my customers who dont water are still pretty brown and business is pretty slow except for the few landscaping jobs im doing. how are you guys doing

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything is very slow now. I havent cut a few of my lawns in three weeks and they still have no growth what so ever!!!:cry: But even my irrigated ones are starting to look a lil peekish. I have a few mulch/landscape jobs lined up, but still I wanna cut grass!!!! Oh well. And it is gonna be in the 90's
    today mon tues and wed!!! So the lawns are really, really gonna suffer!!! Aside from my 2 commercial properties, I may not do a damn thing this week. No point in driving around wasting gas just to look at a bunch of brown lawns. Well at least with this down time, I can do some work on my truck and start rebuilding my plow. Gotta keep busy someway.

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to bad...slow on the mowing but we are doing a few patios and ponds as well as some landscaping now so things are looking up ...I just miss mowing !! sad but true LOL