Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Same forecast I heard to guys. Oh well, I agree I think the leaves will be falling early this year just like last year. I was busy as heck in October and November was less money that in years past.

JP

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I kinda wish we get an early fall. A few quick big clean ups, then just grass cutting till snow hits, lol. Kinda weird driving around today though, usually there are 9 billion trucks and trailers full of mowers running around, but there were maybe 10 different lco's out and about. I think this drought is gonna weed out the guys who are doing this for quick cash, lowballers, etc. I have been seeing alot of newer trucks, mowers, etc for sale around here lately as well. But keep that rain dance going and pray for that rain on wednesday!!!!

3. joe the lawn guy

joe the lawn guy LawnSite Senior Member

hey , i hate snow i lost my big contract.(lowballed) as for an early fall NO!! it will be late i have to many lawns to plant... this will pass in a month but if you have $ or work save it.. i'm working 40 and no more this week so i can get 40 next week.. just be glad you don't have to make pay roll and keep you + 2 people busy..

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

First off CRB WERE HAVE YOU BEEN :hammerhead: Doing well I hope. The rain dance needs to happen for real. It was very HOT today felas. Stay hydrated felas.
    JOSH

5. joe the lawn guy

i was doing the last snow dance and the neighbor put me in jail.. said next time have the wife do it.. have'nt had wildlife since.. j/k.. i had a bad time for a min. but things are better.. 60/70 hours a week can fix anything...

6. jpp

Been raining since about noon. Looks like it is going to stop in a bit and I might try to get back out and finish up the route. Still calling for more rain on Wednesday too.

JP

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

800 degrees here and not a damn drop of rain. Every single one of my customers have called to be skipped for at least this week!!!!!:cry: Gonna be a long long boring week. Possibly rain tomorrow, but I doubt it. Damn it!!!!:cry:

8. joe the lawn guy

i went mowing today and had 10 on the list but only mowed 7 and with 2 guys it took 6 hours.. so hot i would'nt get off the lazer..

syden i sent you a pm if u need work call or write me..

9. jpp

Well, I did not go back out. Going to finish the route on Wednesday. It was very hot before the storms came in this morning. Before the storms it was 88 and right now it is 73.

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Joe, pm sent!!!! Thank you for the offer!!!:waving:

JP, I will trade you and work in the rain rather than not work at all!!! Usually when I hear "crunch" come from grass, it is 20 degrees outside and covered in snow/ice. Not 95 degrees and burnt!!! But Im glad at least some of us are getting rain!!!