Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

yea i somehow messed that all up. I went way high and figured 5 hours to broadcast 2 acres, then 13.5 man hours using a straw blower, which again I think is way high. Which comes out to about 8 bales of straw an hour, I can do 4 an hour by hand. Plus a fee for rounding up that much material and I'd be making a good amount off the savings from the seed/straw.

Theres no grade work at all, just spread the seed, I have a drag chain that i'll be using an atv to pull and rake in the seed, then blow in the straw and cash the check.

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, a quick note here. I have only cut about 1/4 of my properties here this week. Doing some hedge trimming and brush cleanup and that is it. Time to go to a Ox Roast that I help out at. Send some rain this way anybody that gets it will ya.

Thanks,

JP

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

had to break down and buy a new truck loader mine is 15 years old and obsolete cant even get parts anymore and its about just worn out.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

What do you get? How many horsepower?

JP

6. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Well guys, i participated in our local parade today, ended up bringing home first place in the commercial division! That was good advertising i think, ill upload pictures tomorrow.

7. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

18hp giant-vac skid mount gonna put it on the cabshield of the dump

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

We got a lil bit of rain here this morning. I hope it starts again. Everything is so dry, I had to skip 8 places last week, thats the most all year. And going by a few places, it looks like nothing really needs it this week. I have a pretty big mulch job to finish and picked up a patio install though.

Today looks like an easy maintenance day though :)

9. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have an aerator for sale?

10. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Pull behind or walk behind? I might have an hydraulic pull behind for sale. I need to get it back from a friend that borrowed it first though.