Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

is the impeller damaged or what just some wear wont cause any problems. if it is damaged or out of balance i would just buy a new one. those things spin at such a high rpm you would have to be very accurate with your balancing. if you are a little off the vibration will destroy your engine.[/QUOTE]

you may try to tell him you'll buy it if he gets the old one off .

2. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

i wish i knew id make my money back but really im not sure around here.. looks like id have 1000 bucks in it with a new impeller which sounds like a good deal.. if i would of sold the deere i may really look into it but i have 4 mower payments to be made before spring and i can not count on the snow so i need to keep some money behind.

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

JP

Why dont you get a hitch mounted one or weld a hitch mount to yours. That is how ours is. I put a receiver mount on the back of the dump trailer. Just my 2 cents worth.
    JOSH

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Josh,

I have been on Billy Goats website looking at the swing away hitch. I need to call and get some pricing on them on Monday.

Thanks,

JP

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

if your only going to have 1000 in it with a new impeller , i would stay away there is something wrong with it and they know it. the impeller is 550, i had the same one just a little older. like i said those things are 4500 new and if its only 4 years old i doubt it is only worth less than 25% of new.

6. Travis E

its from a very reputable dealer, i mean very reputable! a township owned it and just traded it in on a new $10k one. they have always done the maintenance on it every year.. the hose could prolly be replaced but would still work but other than that its in good condition.

7. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member

Woah, whoah... Take it easy kid. BUY IT THEN! Everyone here is just trying to give you a lil' Experience, and "Know How." I Personally have no need for a Loader since all of the Municipalities that I work in.... Have "Curb-Side Pick-Up."
    I Personally have no clue what it takes to fix one of these machines.... But, Obviously these guys do. If you think that you can use this machine, then turn it over for a profit???? DO IT! If you have the cash "On-Hand"??? DO IT!
    Don't talk about how REPUTIBLE the dealer is. If they're gonna fix it when it breaks... DO IT! If not, then it's your problem to fix. Otherwise Keep the "Capital" On-Hand. You'll be better off.

8. JAX76CJ

Just remember... The Dealer isn't in this Business to lose $$$.... No matter how REPUTIBLE! Sometimes it's better for them to "Cut-Their-Loss" On a "Trade-In" from a Township, Make the Sale.... Then sell the "Trade-In" to an unsuspecting buyer, just because they are the "Only-Game-In-Town."

9. Travis E

im taking it easy lol..didn't mean to get anyone excited. i personally dont know much about them but im somewhat knowledgable to be able to figure things out. I just thought it sounded like a good deal but i had never researched leaf loaders before. I appreciate your thoughts tho, i really do. there is a time and place for me to buy something and im hoping that a few years down the road i can come across something like this, really id prolly be able to make more money buy purchasing a plow for the truck cs iv had more calls for plowing than leaves. but thanks for the advice, i just kinda wanted to get an idea on it.

10. JAX76CJ

PLEASE don't get me wrong! If you are in the market for one... DO IT! If you can get it for a STEAL... Do It! If you can fix it... Do It! Otherwise.... Keep the $$$ in the Bank! :rolleyes: