Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

salting only this week I guess

2. Metz

Metz LawnSite Member

Hey Ohio guys!

So, I got robbed yesterday. I got a call from my landlord at my warehouse yesterday, she told me my lock had been cut and I need to get over there to see if anything was missing. When I got there last night, opened my garage door, and it was like slow motion, it was empty! They cleaned me out. Trailer, 56" exmark, 48" yazoo, 2 weedwackers, blower, billygoat leaf blower, billygoat leaf vac, chainsaw, hedge trimmers, tools. Everything!
    The cops told me they just broke up a state wide theft ring, and there was a ton of landscaping and construction equipment, so hopefully my stuff is there. Everything was insured, but with depreciation on everything, I'm surely not going to get what its worth. These suckers did this in broad daylight yetserday, and hit 3 other warehouses in my facility.

Wow. Funny thing is, lately I have been contemplating selling everything, getting out of the business. But within the last few days I inked a couple of deals with 3 apt complexes for the 2010 season, and was rejuvenated for the spring. Now what?

3. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

damn man. that sucks. see what insurance will give you i guess. best of luck

4. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

nah, we got some pushes in today actually. and two days of salting. and i'm from canton.

5. carl b

carl b LawnSite Member
    from ohio

wow, you have a much better attitude than I would.. I hope you get it all back .

6. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

7. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

How would that truck benefit a landscaper?

8. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn service truck, Tree service truck, Buy the truck and sell the body to put a different bed on it.

9. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

anybody south getting dumped on yet?.......supposed to hit Canton soon,radar is showing it just reaching us, but nothing coming down yet

10. LawnmastersMikejr

LawnmastersMikejr LawnSite Member

Rain/sleet down here so far! I went out early this morning and pre treated a bunch of jobs so I hope it gets to snowing!