Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

well the calls are slowly starting to come in, plus two i lost to the local lowballer/dirtbag, i got back.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

why you gotta call me names?

3. KC Services

KC Services LawnSite Member

what kind of business insurance do you ohio boys keep? and how expensive is it? liability or do you cover equipment too? i have been out of business for 4 years and now i am back. just looking for input! thanks

4. AJKraig

AJKraig LawnSite Member

million dollar insurance,plus insurance on all the equipment and trailers. im currently changing insurance il post back tomorrow when i find out the new proposal and let you know how much its costing me a year.

5. AMG Management Solutions

AMG Management Solutions LawnSite Member

Hey what methods of advertising did you use as I am narrowing it down to just postcards and word of mouth?

6. gardiner

gardiner LawnSite Member

my 1st season i kept an ad running in the local paper . now i just run on the word of mouth or if i find a place that i can have a ad for free on local websites .
    The 1 time jobs like clean ups and things i keep them on file and send them a letter every year it pay en off this season . a few i mulched 2 years ago wanting mulched this year .
    One thing i learned from getting clients from the local paper is getting mostly elder people .and it bothers me when i find out that they passed away. i up to like 4.

7. KC Services

I use business cards and word of mouth. I also drive around to potential places, walk in and introduce myself and ask them if they would be interested in a quote. I try to scope the place out as best as I can before I go in so I can give them a quote on the spot. Do any of you guys mow cemetaries in ohio? If so what is a good way to quote one?

8. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

If the stones are above ground, and arranged in rows, and not too much open space, an acre an hour, with a 52-60 rider.

9. KC Services

the whole thing is above ground stones, newer stones (4 acres solid) i can make 2 swipes down and back with my 54" walk behind w/ sulky in between the rows, the other 4 acres the rows get messed up with older stones and my mower could get lost! lots of weedeating 8 acres solid headstones. a $ /hour, /acre idea would help me a lot!

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

cemetaries are a pain. make sure you figure extra time around holidays to blow each stone off really well. And your either bagging or mulching all year, which bagging 4 acres takes a while extra.

So how about I feel like crap! OMG my sinuses are going insane, i doubt I'm even gunna leave the house today it's whoopin my a$$ that bad.