1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

OHIO: LLC, Corporation or Sole Proprietorship?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RickL1700, Feb 2, 2012.

1. RickL1700

RickL1700 LawnSite Member

Grass Scapes: I chose a LLC because of some other small business men and women who I spoke with as well as my wife's aunt, who is a attorney. I guess it is just less complicated to form a LLC as to a S-Corp. with a S-Corp you have to have shareholders and meetings and such and even if you do it like you stated it still just seems easier and simple to be a LLC. All i want it to be legal and insured and not get all my personal en devours taken because of something that happened as a result of a business accident. So I decided to start off as an L.L.C and get $1Mill GLI to keep the Sue happy ppl who see me driving around some equipment and a truck that has a Lawn Care sign on it from taking everything I own. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful and nice.

2. mkarps

mkarps LawnSite Member

Very informative posts everyone. Thanks!

3. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

Good post:clapping:this is the info you should be considering i would say, considering starting small as this