1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Pesticide Exam

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by heygrassman, Mar 9, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning on taking the Ohio Pesticide Exam this month. Is there any word of advice anyone can give related to the Ohio Exam?? Lots of books to sutdy!!!

2. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

I took it three years ago, obviously core, 8 and 6A. 6A was a little tougher for me since you need to know more insects, diseases, etc.

The books they send now are better than they were three years ago. I guess it's a know as much as you can about things generally, and just remember to always check the answer that has "read/follow the label" in it.

I was disappointed after taking the exam. I found it really wasn't that hard - didn't require you to know as much as I think people should know in order to apply pesticides.

Good luck with the exam - I'm sure you'll be fine.
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here there is an 8 hr course that covers alot of info plus most of what you will see on the state exam. I just got my certificate in the mail today. I got a 92 on the test. Looking back on it now, it really wasn't that bad, but I am glad it's behind me now. Now all I have to do is renew with 4 ceu's and a fee every year. You might want to check to see if they offer such a course up there. Good luck.

Like Lawnlad said, study 6a i also had troudle on this, The core is alot of common sense, Take your time and donot change your answers after you first attempt, Do not read into the questions, I studyed for 6 months before thking this test. I wish you well and good luck!
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Congradulation on passing Limited Pest Control test. 92 is a good score 75 to pass you dun goods. This license is offen called the ROUNDUP license here in Fla. You are now a Certified limited Pest Control Applicator. But you ARE NOT LICENSED YET. You must apply for that license and have a certificate of insurance with the state of Fla. You must do all Roundup applys yourself and can not asign them to any one else unless they are also certified and licensed. You must keep your Roundup locked in a box on your truck and it can't be inside the cab. Also remember you can not treat lawns with anything but straight fertilizer. You can not advertise your self as a pest control operator. Good Luck If I can help call me