oil change on walkbehinds

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Natural Impressions, May 5, 2006.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

Everytime I do and oil change on my walkbehinds I always add the oil and check the stick, low, add more, check stick, and so on. I am just curious, what amount does it actually hold ( 1/2 quart, quart, 2 quarts). I know this is a stupid question but I am just trying to get things right, and make things a little easier. Thanks

2. benmc

benmc LawnSite Member

my super duty quick 36 walkbehind 16 horse b and s els motor holds 48ounces of oil per the owners manual hope this helps each motor is diff. ck manufacturers suggestions hope this helps

3. benmc

benmc LawnSite Member

my super duty quick 36 walkbehind 16 horse b and s els motor holds 48ounces of oil per the owners manual hope this helps each motor is diff. ck manufacturers suggestions

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

What engine is on it ?

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Read the first thread in this forum, Then maybe someone can help.

6. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I'm sorry Rob....I am asking about my 2 bobcat mowers and they both have the kawasaki bf460v engines....thanks

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

No problem, They hold 2.96 pts. completely dry so figure a little less for what is left in the bottom of the sump that doesn't drain completely.