Oil change pumps?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by johnnywalker, Jan 5, 2002.

1. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Banned

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a hand pump vacuum one I boought at a marine supply store to do my boat and it is OK. I think I read in a review article that these were not too good. There are 12 volt available from Marine supply places as well.

3. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I seen one at a dealer for 17 bucks that runs off a drill the owner of the shop said all of his macanics use them so as soon as i get back down there i'm going to get one. would have to beat tipping my vac over to change the oil.

4. LAZERMAN

LAZERMAN LawnSite Member

BRIGGS AND STRATTON MAKES A PUMP LIKE KIEFER MENTIONED IT RUNS OFF A DRILL, IT BASICALLY WORKS LIKE A WATER PUMP THEY WORK REAL GOOD. OTHER COMPANYS MAKE DIFFERENT VERSIONS, BUT FOR A FEW BUCK TRY THE B&S AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN YOU'RE NOT OUT MUCH MONEY. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.

5. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Banned

Isn't the Briggs one off the drill the one in the link above?

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

walmart has the pump itself for $8

7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I just seen one in the harbor tool cat for 7 dollars it looks like a bike pump with two tubes pull up and it draws the oil push down and the oil comes out. wish i had got it before the briggs.

8. lakeviewnw

lakeviewnw LawnSite Member

There's one out there that works pretty good. They have a website at: www.airpoweramerica.com

You might take a look and see what you think.