Oil Change Time Help please

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TheBigGW, Jun 16, 2008.

1. TheBigGW

TheBigGW LawnSite Member
    from MA

I jsut got my wright stander 23 HP Kawi. Love it.. Bought it used and did not get the info on Oil changes. Can anyone please let me know how often do you change the oil. and then the oil and filter. thanks also how often on the Hydro filter thanks again.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Oil would be 30 weight changed every 50 hours. You can use purolator oil filters instead of the over priced kawasaki filter. Let me know if you want the purolator oil filter part number.

Hydro system should be changed once each season.

3. TheBigGW

TheBigGW LawnSite Member
    from MA

Yes please if you have the part number also any chance you would have the hydro filter number also..I do not know what brand was on from factory any help please thanks...

4. ProStreetCamaro

Sure when my father gets back with the trailer I will run out and check the part number for the oil filter for you. The hydro filter im not sure about because each manufacturer uses there own filter. Your best bet would be to call your local Write dealer and give them your model and serial number and get the hydro filter from them.

Here you go. This oil here is VERY good synthetic oil for air cooled lawnmower engines. With this oil you should easily be able to go to 100 hours before you need to change the oil. There is enough oil in a gallon jug for 2 oil changes.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/acd.aspx

Edit the purolator pure one oil filter for your engine is PL14476. I recommend this filter for 3 reasons.

1. It filters better than most other filters on the market due to a better media used inside the filter
    2. It flows very good for unobstructed oil flow through your engine
    3. It is a high quality filter with an anti drainback valve

5. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

Do a search on this forum about oil
    Purolator sucks!
    go to NAPA and get their brand !

6. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i agree.cheap oil.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Purolator doesn't make oil. They only make filters. The Purolator Pure One filter is about as good as you can get. You should do a search.

8. ProStreetCamaro

9. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

you get what you pay for ?
    dont risk it pay an extra buck or two and get a good one

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

ProStreet, Just an FYI the oil for Kawi is Mobile 1 Synthetic 10W 30 . And I agree about the oil filters, I bought a fram my last oil change and it works just as well as a filter from a dealer.