1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

!!!Oil Evacuated Crank Case in 15 Seconds -- 2004 Kohler Command Pro 23 hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TJJohnson, Aug 10, 2011.

1. TJJohnson

TJJohnson LawnSite Member

All, just wanted to thank you for the advice. I tore the top of the engine down to the breather cover and immediately saw that the gasket was blown right by the oil pressure sender. What a dumb design for Kohler to have the high pressure oil circuit passing through the cover right next to the crankcase vent! Anyways, I see they made a major revision to the gasket material and thickness in the area where it blew out on me.
    I put it all back together along with some tune-up parts and voila! It fired right up and I was able to cut my 5 acres in under 2 hours! The 23 horses are definitely enough too since the grass was about a foot long and the thing never bogged down once!
  2. TJJohnson

TJJohnson LawnSite Member

Forgot to mention that this also fixed my oil burning on the LH cylinder issue! The high pressure oil must've been spraying into the CC near the piston skirts causing oil to get sucked up into the chamber...
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Glad it worked out, And thanks for the update..... Thumbs Up
  4. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Ditto...Now if I can just find my fork....:walking: