Oil filter prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C&K, Jun 20, 2007.

1. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

After buying oil filters from dealers and online retailers, I found the best price on oil filters for our Kawasaki engines at Advance Auto Parts. $2.88 for their brand; under $4.50 for Purolator and Fram. No S&H.
  2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Advance has a good price. Another option is Walmart, they buy them from a big supplier and sell them for about $2.50. Fram is about $3.50. What is your Kawasaki filter number?
  3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 19hp and i sure would like to know how to get the number for it.or do i need to take it off and take it up there?
  4. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

it should be in your machine's parts catalogue.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Lemme know the model on that kawi engine so I can have a replacement on hand for when you blow yours after the bypass in the cheap filter doesn't work.
  6. ACE

ACE LawnSite Member

I have bought my same filter for a Kaw 21hp from NAPA, but paid more than the Toro shop charges me.
  7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The number on mine is printed right on the filter .. not to mention the box it comes in.

So Fram is a cheap filter? Don't misunderstand my question, as I have only used a Kawi filter from my dealer so far ... but I just used the last one in my garage. I wonder though ... who makes the filters for Kawi ... I'm sure they don't make them themselves.
  8. cntrline

cntrline LawnSite Member

The filters I use for Kaw 17 and 25 are the Amsoil EAo 09, they use nanofiber technology and are MUCH better than any others I have found, also higher price, worth it to me. If you don't know a dealer get direct from amsoil.com. Think all the Kaws use the same filter. Wix is very good, the part# should be 51394, NAPA carries them. Purolator #L14476. Frams are poor quality, don't filter anywhere close to the micron rating of the better ones. You get what you pay for.
  9. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

so funny!i know its on the box,in the book, and on the filter but i was looking after market.
  10. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

ok...so I completely agree that fram uses cheap parts (cardboard), compared to lets say Toyo Roki, but have you ever had an engine failure from a filter failing?

Change the oil as the manual recomends and you shouldn't have have a problem