Oil filters #'s??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

For one of my mowers that has a yanmar 20hp twin engine I have been trying to find cheaper oil filters. It came from the factory stock with a Tokyo Roki filter with a # of LFS706. I cross referenced it at Napa auto parts online to a Napa #1359.....when I got to napa the guy gave me a Napa #1358 filter. Does that make much of a difference if its one digit off? Also this Tokyo Roki filter had 2 #'s on it LFS706 and another # I ran both #'s on Napa auto parts store online and both came up with difference oil filters. What do you guys think? I have thrown out the old filter and im not able to get the 2 filter #'s through the dealer or anyone else so im kinda on my own on this one any thoughts?

2. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt LawnSite Member

Good day,

I am not a lawn care professional but a fire dept mechanic. And as such I see a lot of weird engines and have spent a lot of time tracking down filters. Anyway, I have not found the NAPA web site to be much use for filters. Wix makes the NAPA brand filters anyway so I use their cross reference. www.wixfilters.com This number did not cross reference out so I went on to www.baldwinfilters.com and www.fleetguard.com (which I usually do anyway to make sure the cross reference is correct). Baldwin did not cross reference it either, but Fleetguard did, and their number was LF3925. So I plugged that back into the Wix cross reference and it came up with the 51358. (NAPAs part number is the Wix number with the first digit knocked off).) For grins I looked up the part detail for both the 51359 and the 51358; I found the 1358 has a coarser thread than the 1359 so it would not have worked, otherwise it appears similar.

So to make a long story short, the 1358 is your filter.

Birken

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Wix # 51358, is what I use in my 2 polaris quads, I get them for $4.56 each, w/free shipping

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it a v-twin Yanmar L/C as in the JD F-735?

I have a JD1600 wide-area mower with a Yanmar 4-cyl diesel, filters are only $6.50 +/- from the dealer.

KB

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

These filters I bought (2 from napa) where 9.50 each the engine to be exact is the twin cylinder yanmar l/c. Its engine model
    #2V78. BIRKEN Thank you SO much for your help. That settles a few sleepless nights wondering if my engine was getting the correct filtration:confused: after all it was :angel:

6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That engine is an orphan. It has been discontinued and never really took off.

I would look to get out of it because I have a hunch soon parts other than maintenance items will be unavailable, leaving you with an expensive boat anchor.

Ken