1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

oil filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare4u, Aug 7, 2005.

1. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Has anyone tried the Oregon oil filters from Landscapesupply for a Kawasaki.Or these filters OEM,and do they measure up to standards?I have already done a search and they seem to be non-existent!Any info will help!!
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

thats what i use, came standard on the unit and bought an extra one for when i have to change it. That is all my dealer sells. Works fine for now.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

The oregon came standard on my unit, that is also all the dealer sells for replacment. For my eXmark (15hp Kawi)
  4. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

I have started to use AC Delco PF1233 oil filter for my Kawasaki 6.5 and 23 HP air cooled engines. $3.99 USD at PEP Boys or Advance Auto and versus 8 to 10 for Kawasaki filter at dealer. I change at each oil change. Read that this was a cross reference filter with same bypass PSI valve opening and feel AC Delco is a good filter/filter media. So far no issues but the 23 is almost new with only one filter change. When I have time will cut both apart to see the insde differences.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I quit buying the Kawasaki filters from the dealer because I didn't want to pay $8 for a filter. I go to wal mart or Auto Zone and pick up fram filters for my kawasaki now. They are only $3.
  6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

7. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer sells me a John deere oil filter for my Kawasaki. Its the same size, JD has been making good products for years, and it runs $4.99 insteald of $7.
  8. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

i buy all my filters, truck and all from JD, my 180 takes Am107423, not sure about the one for my simplicity as i havent had to change it yet