oil filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BufalinoLand, Mar 18, 2003.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Tiger with a 25 aircooled Kohler and a wb with a 12 horse kawi on it. anybody have filter cross check numbers for walmart super tech filters. also any input about using cheap filters as apposed to good ones. thanks

2. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, I cant help you with the numbers thing, but I do have something to say about oil filters. So heres my 2 cents worth
    NEVER scrimp when it comes to your engine or tranny. I always get the best oil filters and fuel filters I possibly can, whether its for my car, my truck, or my mowers. Your engine will last that much longer for it. For example, my F-350 has 250,000 miles on it, and I change the oil and switch the fuel filter EVERY 3000 miles no matter what. That engine has never been overhauled, and it works wonderfully. So go ahead and spend the extra $$ on the good stuff.

:cool:

3. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

right on swampbeast for my small engines and trucks i pay a preminum price for amsoil filters.
    Hydro filters i always use oem filters dont pay to skimp on a hydro filter and maybe blow the hydro system.

4. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Ok thanks for the info on oil filters. As far as hydro oil and filters go when do i change. I only have 400 hours on the tiger in two seasons anything i need to do besides grease fittings

5. tralfaz

tralfaz LawnSite Member

Look in your owner's manual about changing the hydro filter. I used to have a Turf Tiger but I don't remember exactly how long. You probably need to change it.

6. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Scag turf tiger hydro filter should be changed every 500 hours or once a year which ever comes first