Oil leak on new mower

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by M&J Cutting, May 1, 2002.

1. M&J Cutting

M&J Cutting LawnSite Member

I just bought an Exmark Metro 48" gear drive mower 15HP Kawasaki V Twin. It has less than 6 hours on it and there's oil all underneath the engine deck and all underneath the entire motor. It appears the oil is being sprayed. This leak caught my attention when I noticed grass sticking to a small puddle of oil on the top deck (back of motor). I checked the oil and it leaked to the "Add" line. I brought the mower to dealer and he seems to think the leak is coming from the seal. He is ordering the seal but he said he's never done one on that particular engine before.

My question to you is, is this a known problem with this model mower (or is it just bad luck) and how should this problem be handled?

Thanks in advance for your help, Matt NJ

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

M&J Cutting.

I have not heard any issues like that with this engine. I do know that some of the Kawasaki engines had a problem with oil getting into the air cleaners. They have since fixed that issue.

Your dealer should get hold of their Kawasaki Rep. and they should be able to handle the problem. If you run into problems let me know and I will see what I can do to help. It sounds like your dealer was able to get parts with no problems, that gets us half way to getting the issue resolved.

Let us know how you turn out.

fred.fugett@exmark.com 402-223-6270

Thanks, Fred.