1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

oil leak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by electronics2667, Jul 20, 2012.

1. electronics2667

electronics2667 LawnSite Member

I recently change the oil in my Kaw 25 Hp. Evertime i start it up there is oil on the bottom of my trailer, oil filter is tight & not cross threaded, oil plug tight & not cross threaded.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to locate the leak, it could be either of the crank seals, it could be coming form the seal on the oil filter or it could be coming from the oil cooler on the engine.
    Could be leaking from the crankcase itself also.
    Best thing to do is clean it really good and find the location of the leak.

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Have a look around the govner area.
  4. electronics2667

thanks PJ, but i don't think the leak is coming from the oil filter the fram is dirty around the bottom of the motor plus around the filter is clean. When i checkon it yesterday there was a small on the trailer floor.
  5. ACSMOD11

ACSMOD11 LawnSite Member

Just had my governor seal replaced on my kaw25. Hard to see as it is behind the throttle link plates.
  6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

The governor shaft seal has been leaking on my K 25 also.
    Is it difficult to replace?
    I assume you replace it from the outside?
  7. electronics2667

My clutch went out & my dealer found out the leak was coming from my crank case & replace that seal & now i have no more oil leak.
  8. electronics2667

My dealer has change the o ring behind the oil filter & the crank case seal he is going to change the oil plug.