Oil MIx Measuring Bottle (refillable ??)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcambrose, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone seen a 2-cycle measuring bottle that is refillable. I'm speaking of the type where you squeeze an amount from the storage reservoir into a measuring reservoir at the top and the pour it into the can. I saw one at Wal-mart the other night, but it didn't look refillable.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, but I need something that is sealed. I don't have a place to store it in the truck away from dust and dirt.

4. Wilson Edge

Wilson Edge LawnSite Member

at checker auto i found a syringe (<---how ever you spell it) that you fill up with 2 stroke and it has diffent ratios to mix with 1 and 5 gallons of gas

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a quart bottle of Opti-2 long ago, and saved the bottle. In recent years I buy Opti-2 in gallon jugs. I pour from the gallon jug to the quart bottle that has a measuring reservoir on the side. All bottles have caps for keeping dirt from the cavities.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Its not like you mix it up 1 pint at a time. Pour it in and wipe it with a rag.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeh I kept all of my empty ready-for-2.5 gallon Stihl mix bottles, cap and all.

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a Lesco/JDL nearby they may have them. I know our Wichita location (lesco) has several sizes even. Not sure if they are the "tip and pour" or the squeeze type though. Not that it really matters. They have the small container with measurements attached to the large one.

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You can get measuring bottles that have a twist on lid from the marine department at Walmart or marine store. It is about 8 inches tall and 2.5" across...cylinder, with a twist on lid. It has markings on it for different mixes.

10. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

i use an old baby bottle with a cap. It has measurings by the ounce. I just measure and mix.