1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

oil mix?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tonirone, Apr 20, 2008.

1. tonirone

tonirone LawnSite Member

Can you use the stihl synthetic oil mix in 2 cycle equipment?
  2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it te Stihl Ultra HP or the Stihl in the Black bottle?

As long as it is 2 cycle oil, why couldn't you use it in your 2 cycle equipment? It is excellent quality oil!

Am I missing something to this question?
  3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

you can use any 2 cycle.only 2cycle
  4. tonirone

tonirone LawnSite Member

Its the ultra hp. I didnt know if fully synthetic oil was recommended for 2 cycles or not. I bought a kawasaki trimmer from a dealer and he asked me
    what kind of oil I had, I told him stihl synthetic and he said there isnt a synthetic oil for 2 cycles, I had oil for an outboard engine or something. I didnt argue. So he gave me echo blend of some type
  5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I would probably avoid that dealer in the future. If he doesn't know that there is a synthetic 2 cycle oil made by just about every manufacturer out there than what else does he not know.

Read your bottle of Echo PowerBlend: It is a synthetic blend.

The Stihl Ultra HP is probably the best over the counter stuff you can get. (JMO)
  6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Even synthetic oil companies' 2 cycle oils, while they may have additives and oils that are synthetically engineered, will have some petroleum distillates in them, so they can not be called entirely synthetic. So in one regard the dealer was correct. "Synthetic Blend" means combination of synthetic and petroleum products.