Oil mixture calculator

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was crusing the net trying to fgure out if Im mixting my oil/fuel in my 2.5 gallon can properly.. Found this website.. Hope it helps http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

oh by the way at 50:1 I was .1 over ... Suppose to be 6.4oz I was using 6.5oz

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why not use the premeasured bottles of oil available by companies like echo. I buy the container that makes 5 gallon. Seems like a lot of effort measuring out oil, an could be risk of an error?

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I mix all my fuel 32:1. It is rich, but I've done it for well over 20 years and have had absolutely no problems with it. I have some equipoment that is about that old and still runs just fine. My 2 stroker stuff runs great for years and years. One good thing about it, is it makes mixing easy. 4 ounces to the gallon. I use smaller 2 1/2 ga. cans for the 2 stroker stuff (easier to handle) but I only make 2 gallons at a time in them. This also contributes to the eqase of handling, and always comes out even per 1 quart bottles of oil (4 fills).

4. ChadsLawn

I use Amsoil.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The problem with buying the "convenient" little bottles, is that you are paying up to 5x the cost. This adds up and FAST. It is too easy to just pour it out of the quart bottles. Most have a little window up the side of the bottle so you can see where the oil level is on the oz. scale they have.

6. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. I run my gear fat as well. They came out with all this 50:1 mix equipment and it runs fine with no smoke at 32:1

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Just as a piece of information, I have never had a cyclinder/ring failure in over 30 years running Echo oil. I never considered saving money by using another brand even though many many use amsoil on this site. With good maintenance we get 5 years of very heavy use on our 2 stroke equipment.

8. KB Klippers

KB Klippers LawnSite Member

anyone use klotz oil?

9. ChadsLawn

Ive never heard of it.:confused:

10. KB Klippers

KB Klippers LawnSite Member

I use to run klotz in my motox bike. It has a unique smell.