1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mark lagasse, Nov 12, 2005.

1. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Is it ok to use synthetic motor oil in a tthp 36 15hp kaw, also do you have an excalibur blade to fit? I have an 05 will there be any changes on the 06 tthp36 ?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Good morning Mark,

Yes, you can use synthetic motor oil, but you will still have to change the oil

at the same frequency. So you would be spending more money on the

synthetic oil for the same engine life results.

Yes, we do have Excalibur blades for the TTHP36.

The changes for the '06 models:

Pre-drilled holes on the engine deck for easy mounting of stand on sulky.

Pump drive idler spring improvements. Heavier and larger diameter spring for

increased durability.

Thanks, Brian
  3. mark lagasse

Can my machine be upgraded with the pully and spring improvements? My serial # is 561414
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

mark, the only thing to watch out for with syn oils, is that a multi viscosity oil will shear much easier than a straight weight oil. I would say the amsoil 30w is a good choice. it is syn, and very shear stable.

I personally run all my engines on 15w-40. I have found the diesel oils to be particularly good. infact, there are a number of guys running kawasaki's with shell rotella 15w-40. but I think the delo gives a lot more power to the engine, especially when engaging the blades, with straight 30w, it would sometimes cut out, but with the delo, it will almost not even notice it.

in the cold, I would not use a 15w-40. a 15w-30 is about right, again, I would look to amsoil. they make some exellent products. just a bit expensive for me.

I would not, however, recomend that you run it without having an exellent chance of voiding your warranty.
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hi Mark,
    Yeah that would fit. There’s really no advantage for a 36, this has to do with tension for the 52, mostly when also pulling a sulky.

Let me know if you have any questions.

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure you have at least 200 hrs. on the unit before you switch from Dino to Syn. You need to be sure the rings are properly seated in before making the switch.
  7. mark lagasse

I have a two wheel stand on but it seems to pull just fine, it is a great first mower and I look forward to getting a bigger one next year sometime but I will still keep my 36.
  8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

TTHP 52/17 kawi, FH500v with 10-30 Amsoil 1.9 qt here, innumerous hrs and still going strong.