Ok answer me this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by die4irish, May 20, 2013.

1. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I was mowing my yard saturday and decided to bag the clippings over my leach field since it is really thick there. I would make 1 round and the bagger would be full so I had the kids grab the old lawn tractor with the wagon. FFW to tonight. everywhere I stopped to empty the bags into the wagon the grass has turned brown as in DEAD. Now I have 20 or so perfectly round dead spots in the yard.
    The puzzling thing is only 2 of the 3 blades did this. I went and looked and there is nothing leaking.

Any guesses as to the cause?

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Fungus is most likely.

3. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I second the fungus. Its that time of the year.

4. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Not fungus. Doesn't work like that. Can you try to explain a little better and maybe post some pictures. What do you mean only two blades did this
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Was it wet grass?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mowdawg

Mowdawg LawnSite Member

When you stopped the blades to dump the grass did the deck drop any clumps? I've seen Wright standers and Skagg Vrides do this. If you are not careful you will drive over small clumps compressing them into the ground and choking out small spots of grass.

7. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

I had one of those what the hell is this dead grass from where I stopped. It ended up being my muffler blowing hot air on the grass and burning it.

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i'm gonna say burnt grass is an option because someone else was talking about that happening in another thread.

9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Not burnt from exhaust?

10. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

sounds like possibly a gas leak that might be hard to detect, or only happens at certain times like when the blades are running