OK..........Beat this mower !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerconsultant, Sep 7, 2001.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok, you guys try and beat this jem...................
    Sorry about the size of the pics, I do not know how to reduce them......

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

PJ, I checked the one and it's 61K which isn't all that huge. :)

This mower looks like a HOT one. It is amazing how many mowers catch on fire. It pays to have a fire extinguisher on board.
  3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Notice the fuel tank, Battery, and tire that are missing. Dosnt look like thay were there when on fire as no remains of any plastic/rubber.
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They were there......
    Part of the battery is still there.
    The hydro tank, fuel tank, and tire were meltdowns.....
    By the way, this customer did have a fire extinguisher, it was in the truck, several hundred yards away.......couldnt get it fast enough.....:(
    We looked at this unit when I worked for a scag dealer, and the insurance company refused payout...........there was some kind of fuel line update that was never done by the dealer that had sold the unit. That dealer is no longer in business........:rolleyes:
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

that can be like a dummy mower you can put on your trailer. when another mower or piece of equipment breaks down, just pull that out and start kicking it and punching it. or you could set it on fire again to get some aggression out. thats a nice piece.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Man, that's gotta suck! I'd hate to have that happen. Torch city U.S.A....
  7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

how did you find my back up mower???????????:D you weren't supposed to see it yet, i could have at least sprayed it with the hose before you took a picture!:D
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mmm, I love the smell of fresh burnt Scag in the morning!:blob2:
  9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

And here when I first saw the pic I thought the rim was the new edger feature.

Scheesh!!! What was i thinking - :laugh:
  10. PJ i've seen worse. I got a buddy who had 2 Howard Price W/B's sitting out side of his shop. They are fried like this one. But the fire was started from leaves. It got so hot it melted the front caster wheels too. You have any more fired mower pics?