1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ok Dumb But New Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skinnydogz, Apr 30, 2008.

1. skinnydogz

skinnydogz LawnSite Member

I see alot of pics posted here and notice lawns look as if they are mowed with a bagging system.....I am using a Bad Boy ZTR and mow a couple accounts weekly. However, my lawns seem to leave alot of grass after being cut....( the clippings) is this because the lawns are long and I am mowing too short, or because I am not bagging.....what are u guys doing whos lawns look perfect here????
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

bag it up or double cut it
  3. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

do you have your rubber shoot still down?? if so lift it up and keep it there this will allow the grass to spread out instead of shoot out and create a line....

if you already do this your grass is too long... cut it more often and make more money...lol
  4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

its your mower lol. You either have to double cut, or bagem up. I dont think bad boy offers bagging tho?

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

they have a bagger but its just a steel catcher that mounts on the side of the deck, probably would fill up real fast.
  6. Its all done with smoke and mirrors.
  7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

You could also try mowing your accounts more often. This time of year, we have to mow most of ours every 5 days or so.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

people in Ohio to cheap to let you mow 2 times in 1 week..............
  9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Double cut where you need to....
  10. Jeff Tracey Enterprises

Jeff Tracey Enterprises LawnSite Member

stupid rookie question but when you double cut do you charge extra?? Cause I have 2 customers that I double cut for occasionally and don't charge them for it but obviously it takes time and gas, so I guess what I'm getting at should I charge 5 or 10 bucks extra as opposed to spending $200 for a grass catcher??

36" Bobcat Walk Behind
    POS Troy Built Trimmer
    Stihl BR 380 Blower