OK FARM BOYS and Mower Reps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CraigPLC, Oct 6, 2012.

1. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I worked on a guys National 84" real mower several times. He had a lot of little problems and was un-happy with its cut. So I when out to see what his problem was. Basically these golf/fairway mower are designed to mow every 3 or 4 day and to a much different type of grass that is seen on most lawns. IT just did not work, so he wanted to sell it to me. I took it and played with it for about 2 weeks on some of my larger commercial lawns. It was a beast, I could not get it to look as nice as anyone hoped. I took it back and I think a junk guy gave scrap iron price for it after he took the motor off.

I am a old farm from my past youth, I still help a farmer harvest and fall plow/ripp ground.
    What I would like to see is a mower that can cut and make small round bales without a 25,000 price tag. Right now feed for cows and horses is going through the roof with this drought we just had. I know of 6 or 8 small horse lovers that would love a reasonable price small bail of grass to feed to there horses.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

that profihopper that mickhippy posted is pretty cool! Really does stripe while it "scarifies". Check out the trailer in the background!

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

You should check out the BCS attachments.

The sickle bar if for cutting the hay.

A rake for windrowing

Then they have a baler you can buy.

[​IMG]

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Bet it costs a bunch. And let me guess. Not available in the us?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. White Gardens

No, if you search on-line there is a couple of American dealers selling these. Not many though.

6. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen these, it is super expensive the tractor part alone is 3 to 5 grand. I have never seen a American Co that carries the small baler attachment. It is available in England I think. All other mini balers are compact tractor size and PTO driven and to big for Even larger yards. Then your talking 6 or 7 grand for the baler and 18 to 20 grand for the compact tractor.

7. White Gardens