Ok guys and (gals) I need help

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mowerman111, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Was checking customers system yesterday it is on a well with a pressure tank, turned on zones 1-5 no problems got to # 6 with pop ups and they were surging up and down looked at pressure gauge and the needle was surging also. Turned on #7 which is drip no problems at first then I could see the poly tubing start surging, turned #1 back on that zone has RB maxi paws on it, no problems went back to #6 same thing started surging went back through all stations no problems even the drip worked fine this time. Does this sound like a valve problem? With #7 doing once it but not doing it again makes me unsure.

I thought maybe # 6 was demanding more water but I would think the other zones with maxi paws would be more demanding. I hope this makes sense

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of pressure range are you seeing? Is this surging or cycling (pressure switch operation)

3. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Check the bladder pressure in the pressure tank.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Maxis don't need much pressure. Is it your install? Did it ever work?

5. mowerman111

I'll check the pressure, It did seem to be cycling on and off but why mostly on one zone.

(Check the bladder pressure in the pressure tank.) How do you do that and at what pressure does it need to be at. Wouldn't it cause problems through out.

6. mowerman111

No it is not mine, don't know about if it ever worked a new yard for us. Not sure if HO knows anything will be meeting with the husband about it tomorrow. Also found out that zone # 8 waters grass with pop ups also has drip hooked up with it :nono:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  7. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Put it off; buy me lunch when we're there in March & I'll take a look.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You can match PR rates of drip and sprays .... so technically it is doable .... BUT you should never mix unless your back is to the wall and you have no other option, mostly because chances are better than good the areas being watered are two different hydrozones.

10. mowerman111

Hey I'm the best at putting things off thats why I'm sitting in front of the computer right now instead of working. Oh and I hope you'll be here before the 22 of March otherwise I'll be passing you going to California.