Ok guys here's the flood tip install

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by a plus bob, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

CORRECTION

The boomless single tip spraying is not new....ever heard of a Perma Green?

My point all along!

No innovation and no pioneer's here!

2. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Yeah and Perma green now has 2 tanks :nono: shame on them

3. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

The PGs I see have two nozzels, and they cover only 9 feet total..

What makes this tip so cool is that it sprays wider than 12 feet.. A 12-15 foot boom is quite hard to use on a consumer lawn.. I once did apps with an 11 foot boom.. it was a nightmare..

This is called 'boomless' because it replaces a 'boom'... it also does it with very drift resistant droplets.. This is a new tip, and design.. It's the 1st time that a single tip actually REPLACES a boom on a lawn applicator at low PSI

4. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

So did you ever hook up yours on your Z ?

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

OMG...Unbelieveable....Really, none of this was possible until man mastered the use of Fire if we're talking time lines...GMAF Break! While you're at it, look up the defintion of COPY and ADAPT. I think you'll find the 2 aren't as interchangeable as you think...

6. Rayholio

You know.. I really am splitting hairs.. and I'm not so anxious to get into a full blown fight over it.. It's just a stupid piece of plastic on the front of a machine.. I have to appologize because I'm in the middle of talking to a couple senators via email, and I'm afraid that my rage is overflowing to here.. Sorry.

Not saying Z sucks.. Not calling them theives or anything like that.. All I'm saying is that if the T3K had never existed, Z would have never offered this tip.. it would remain undiscovered by the masses.. That's all..

and I do believe that the t3k took products that were unheard of in the lawn applicator industry, and built a machine that is totally new, and mostly unique to this sector.. define it as pioneering.. define it as copying.. It makes no difference.. they're just words..

7. Rayholio

nope.. I finished my last liquid app of the year with the T3K.. the rest of the year has been granular + spot treatment only.. so I never devoted the time to hooking it up.. It's on my winter list :)

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with you. Turfco did come up with an application machine that is totally new and unique. I also agree that they pioneered the use of that tip on a lawn application machine. My PG Ultra uses Floodjet tips and I like the ease of use as well as the results I achieve with it. I'm not so sure the new tip would not have been integrated at some point by someone...eventually. I commend Turfco for being so innovative and trying to use cutting edge technology like this to give Lawn Professionals what they need.:clapping: I also commend LT Rich for their desire to offer the customer what they want quickly and efficiently.:clapping: We all stand to gain by their competition. :usflag:

9. Rayholio

:) Darn right! and they do too.. because here we are discussing their products in open forum.. ;)

I think we will see a 'close to perfect' machine sometime in the next 5-10 years.. I'm convinced that if I was wealthy, I could build it.. LOL but we're close allready. I would like to see slightly better hill performance in a ZTR, and auto cablibration based on ground speed.. I would also like to see a chemical injection option.. so I can run iron without it gumming up the pump.. If I could get those things with Zs spreader and the Hyflo nozzle I would be a happy man.. Then lets talk diesel :)

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

chemical injection, that is a novel idea. like fertigation sort of???? it would be fun to design a ride on if you had the time and money. a fun project, i bet it would take a while to iron out all the little things.