Ok guys here's the flood tip install

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by a plus bob, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

ZSpray Info

I am sure you have researched Boom and Flood tips a lot more than any of us who use them in the field. The only thing I wish to add is a long cement road or driveway is perfect to see the distribution a Boom or Flood nozzle gives. Sorry but I don't own one of your fine machines. But I have build my own ride on units and tweaking the nozzles is the hardest part.

2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree... In my testing the single tip is not as precise, especially in straight runs.. and probably won't be favored by everybody.. It has to be used like the spreader, and with a little bit of overlap. (notice how the pattern resembles a spreader pattern)

I definately preferred the less precise pattern of the hyflo.. especially when using iron, because in the event of over application, the site is feathered into ajoining turf rather than leaving a 'hard' edge. sorta like the difference between an airbrush and a paint brush. everyone will have their preference.

I think everyone is delighted that you're now offering this option!

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

well said zspray info, what i said in the very biggining. it is a great option. everyoine has their own favs and techniques that work for them. i would never want to use this tip as the sole way to spray, that is why it is nice to have the option, not a fixed way of doing things

4. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Pictures were taken inside no wind.Both at 35 PSI for 3 seconds.Boy I sure
    stirred the pot with this post :laugh: This tip should make spraying some lawns easier but I plan to mostly use the boom.

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

6. a plus bob

from Indiana

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

twas on fire man, glad it was put out

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

It was a very good post going.....and then......:laugh:

9. a plus bob

from Indiana

I think my next thread will be OK GUYS HERE'S MY STEERING WHEEL INSTALL that should set them off

10. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

You can put a steering wheel from a boat on there because that is what it reminds me of when I see someone on the T. The helmsman of the ship.