1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ok guys lets see your compact tractors !!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Fordguy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. WilliamBos

WilliamBos LawnSite Member

Waiting on the warm weather...

[​IMG]

:)

2. Toxic

Toxic LawnSite Member

My old one. 1998 NH 1925. 34 hp hst. Sold it with about 1000hrs on the clock.

054.jpg

3. Toxic

Toxic LawnSite Member

And her replacement. kubota Grand L4330. 43hp, hst, a/c, stereo. Man I can't wait to mow some lawns with this one, should be nice on those hot days.

CIMG2589.jpg

4. GWhunter

GWhunter LawnSite Senior Member

Here's my Deere 3320 TLB. A versitile platform for sure.

Matt

PIC OF EMILY 024.jpg

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

What do you use the backhoe for? Have you found it worth your purchase price? I am considering one on my L3240

6. GWhunter

GWhunter LawnSite Senior Member

I use the hoe for stumping,retaining walls, utility trenches,etc. It's a good tool to have and I thought long and hard about buying a used mini ex instead of spending 8k on the hoe. But I feel I've gotten my money from it. I brush hog with the tractor commercially but only use the hoe at my place.

Matt

7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. 8k seems like a lot of money for the backhoe, but buying a used mini in the 8-12K range is another whole set of problems. I don't feel like having the upkeep of another piece of equipment (esp one with enough age/use to put it in that price bracket) when I have 2 almost brand new tractors that I could put a brand new backhoe on and do about the same amount of work.

If I am going to pay for upkeep on a piece of equipment like that, I better be able to use it for snow removal as well, since that is such a huge majority of my income. I have machines and trucks that I buy only for snow, and I intend to have sitting for all other 3 seasons.

8. 8404

8404 LawnSite Member

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

now that's Cool! Does it work as good as it looks?

10. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I didn't know Cub Cadet made a tractor that big. What are the specs?