1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ok guys lets see your compact tractors !!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Fordguy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks
    5101e

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice addition Mark, Ebling is really cornering the market on tractors with the ebling/blizzard combination on them in the area. I've seen them all over the place. To bad its not snowing around here.

Heres a few pics of company out of Muskegon, Michigan. These are parked at a local Kmart. Some orange for you guys who don't know that green is best.....

2 Kubota's w/ blizzard and ebling and a Cat 930 loader w/ a daniels blade
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

what model Kubota is that? I've got a mx5100
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I think they were both M7040's

5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Yeah they're M7040's, they look identical to Terra Lawns' Kubota's actually. Hope he doesn't mind me posting.

M7040.jpg

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

They'll do the work of at least 1 1/2 trucks, if not 2. And for the same price as a truck. But longer lasting.

I actually have a MX125 with a Horst 1016 Snowing as well.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Man I got to stop looking at this thread. I've been debating selling my skidsteer and getting a compact tractor w/loader & grapple for doing tree work and getting a bushhog for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. S-205

from Ontario

Look away, look away. I really want one for snow work, to me a skidsteer will out work a compact tractor in a lot of landscaping scenarios because of the lift capacities. But a tractor almost always leaves less of an impact on the turf or soil. The ability to use front and rear attachments comes up also though. Do you think a compact tractor would be better for your applications KK, like doing tree work?

9. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

Finally got a pic of mine to up load

tractor2.jpg

10. S-205

from Ontario

The MX5100 looks awesome, what size is the brush hog? Thats a nice a trailer also, would those be 5200# or 7k axles? Also are those 3 inch straps, what brand are they, or where did you get them?

Okay may questions are done, you may step down from the podium.