Ok guys lets see your compact tractors !!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Fordguy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Where's all the New Hollands?:confused:

2. Ducati996

Ducati996 LawnSite Member

I'm not Ramair but the 400cx has much more lifting ability (as well as the quick park FEL setup) over the 400x FEL. The Quick attack on the FEL makes it much more universal (and basically offers the world of unlimited skid steer attachments) and stays away from the propriety setups of Deere. Depending on the attachment you just have to concern yourself with hydraulic flow.

This may sound controversal but I really think Deere should not offer any X loaders, only the CX. Here is why; the majority of buyers dont realize the limits on the X compared to the CX loaders. The dealers offer these amazing deals on tractors with X loaders. But what they dont tell you it limits the resale potential because "smart buyers" are looking for the CX performance along with the ease of removing the loader with the CX. To what benefit is it to the user when they get a loader for less? what they dont say clearly for the money saved you give up way too much both short term and long term, especially with resale. Folks wont buy a X loader because of this and will pass on your tractor for the next...

Just my observations

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. jd270

jd270 LawnSite Member

here is a pic of my new holland i just bought so far i really like it

tg285.jpg

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

the skid steer style is actually the adapter plates... the quick attach pieces on the end similar to a skid steer.. i woudnt have gotten it any other way, its awesome, besides the fact that its hard to see down so low to attach the buckets :/ , i can detach them in about 20 seconds.

the only difference in the 400cx is that it has those auto leveler knuckles at the top of the boom, its supposed to lift more too, i know its nice though to lift mulch and not spill any out all the way up !

i still try to roll the bucket simultaneously while lifting like my other machines lol.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah its supposed to do 12gpm.. not enough to run high power implements but enough to do most things. The front attachment plates, either Deere proprietary or worksite pro skid steer style has nothing to do with the cx or x of the loader model, as i have the original deere plates in the garage.

You can get the skid steer style for either, its like $300 for the option, if your gonna use it in our business, better get them.

I already have a 84" high volume, 3/4 yard bucket and 73" replaceable cutting edge bolt blade bucket for digging, and am looking at a grapple for it, but fell over when i found out it was almost 4k :/

I honestly use the little simplicity for most landscape stuff...

very easy to transport, can move around grass/turf much faster than the behemoth deere thats heavy, its much more narrow, 45" wide compared to 68" of the deere.

Any attachments on the deere would be 72" + so its only for bigger jobs, open areas... it sure would be an awesome machine with a 84-96" wide harley or landpride power rake !

6. Ramairfreak98ss

doesnt this thread say "compact" ? what is compact about that? even the dual tires are wider than both of my tractors total width lol, nice though!

7. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Ok guys, heres our 5310 and all its glory :clapping: :clapping: :weightlifter: :usflag:

My old man made 2 of the best decisions,
    he got the Cab (Heat, AC) and the 540 Self Leveling Loader.

0113_2_lg.jpg

0113_3_lg.jpg

8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice.

9. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my new tractor. Has 7 hours on it now. I traded my 1715 NH in on it.

I had the dealer put on 2 rear remotes and 1 front remote.

ferrisTW015.jpg

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The lexus jade

001_24.jpg