Ok guys lets see your compact tractors !!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Fordguy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

This is My '03 John Deere 790 with the 300 front end loader

100_0563 001.jpg

2. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I love the Kubota. How are they pushing Snow? and do you trailer them in the snow? I have always been scared to pull a trailer in the snow.

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

They push awesome. I find they push much better than my Case 85xt skid steer, which is a pretty big skid steer. The cabs are beyond comfortable. I thought that L3240 cab was comfort, then I bought the M7040 and got about 45 hours seat time in that and now the L3240 just feels like a toy haha. It still has its place though.

No, I don't trailer them in the snow. It sits on site at one of our bigger lots for the season.

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Trailering in the snow is not fun! Kubotas with factory cabs are good all around snow machines, be it pushing,plowing,blowing or loading. I had a B3030 factory cab with front blower before i jumped up to the grand L. That machine would blow snow 50' at 2500 rpm.

5. merrimacmill

I am always really impressed with my Kubotas. I've come from being all about the Deere to bleeding orange. I just love them and how they look and how they're layed out and how they perform. Very impressive machines.

6. lawn king

Kubota builds quality from the ground up. I have put thousands of hours on my machines (3 machines 2000-2010 all hydros) all commercial use. Never had a catastrophic failure or a machine outright die on a job! Im big on the pm,oem filters and hydraulic oil, good clean fuel and shell rotella in the block.

7. merrimacmill

Grabbed a quick picture of one of my guys adjusting the rubber edge on the Kubota M7040, too bad it wasn't higher quality instead of a cell phone picture it came out pretty good.

0115101645a.jpg

8. lawn king

That is a fierce rig, no counterweight? You are going to blow through front axle seals fast without one.

9. merrimacmill

I've been debating if I should have a ballast box on there or not. I have the tires filled and they still spin frequently. I will order a ballast box for it, I am still waiting on the bucket I have on order for it, the 3rd remote valve for the loader, the radio, and the front grill guard. I just took the machine early because I needed it for snow instead of having it sit on the dealers lot.

10. lawn king

The filled rears will help but you need more weight back there when you start loading! The cab corner stack is cool! What does she weigh?