1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ok guys lets see your compact tractors !!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Fordguy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Heres my DK55 kioti, I have a different winch on it now, I also have an AnBo grapple rake on it. I really want to add limb risers and a FOPS like the one Wallace posted earlier but I can decide how I want to do it, so I've been stalling because I want it to be functional but look good like his does.

New Kioti DK55 004.jpg

2. Wallace Tractor

Wallace Tractor LawnSite Member

That's easy drop it off for a week!!:cool2:

3. nedly05

How much??? What size tractor with the brush guarding was that in the pics before?

4. Wallace Tractor

Wallace Tractor LawnSite Member

DK65
    It all depends on how much you want done....
    The machines we did had 1/4 belly pans on them also all the pans were able to be removed by one person and the only tool you need was a 3/4" socket or impact gun...all the nuts were welded on the plating.
    The limb riser were all powder coated, we also mounted a remote winch that you were able to use either on the front or the rear of the tractor.
    Like I said it all depends on what your likes are.
    If you want everything germinate or do you want it folding.
    I would say just for the operator protector with limb riser your going to drop $2,500 easily.

5. nedly05

Just the operator protector and the limb risers is what I want to do for now, I would like to have a roof on it too. I have a bunch of odd steel that I was going to use, but I dont want it to look stupid. I though about figuring the bends and what type steel I wanted and have it made at the steel shop, then just put it together. I have thought about it so much I have kinda overwhelmed myself into not starting it. $2500 is a good price, but I cant justify spending that much when I can do it myself ( if I werent such an indecisive wuss!)

6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a quick video I grabbed of my M7040 with a 10 foot pusher moving some very heavy wet snow. It was pretty hard to stack, but it did ok. I def need a ballast box on it though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBIqhpDJZ6g

7. rip&tear

rip&tear LawnSite Member

8. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a couple more shots of my m7040 pushing snow.

032-1.JPG.jpeg

034.JPG.jpeg

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

rip&tear: thats a badzz gooseneck you got there, whats the gvwr on it? is that a john deere 210 landscape loader?

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Gah, you beat me to it.. :cool2: