Ok guys whats the best thing you found while mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tramahor, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

the title says it all, what is the best thing you have found in the course of mowing a lawn or account? also what is the best tip you have ever received from a customer. My best was a older gentleman gave me his car after he could no longer drive it. He is still my customer after 13 years. :usflag:

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

My foreman Rick ... I was cutting a Condo complex in Cocoa Beach he was driving by ....stopped .....just left working fore a larger outfitt as a foreman ...on thing led to another ....that was 5 years ago ....

I'd be lost without him .... one day couple years from now he'll buy me out

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

A broken rachet,wright brand ask around and found a dealer within a mile took it in and got a brand new one.

4. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

The best things I have found mowing have been $150 some dollars in cash in one season!

5. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

found about 3 or 4 bent craftman wrenches and a broken wratchet along the edge of the road while mowing took to sears got all new ones free

6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

$5 at a codo complex. Other than that I would have to say the dead rotting skunk that I sent through the ultra vac.
    $50 at the mall once, and $10 at the home depot.

7. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

A set of keys and when I gave them to the home owner he gave me $75.00 for finding them.:clapping:

8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I was cutting a customers rental property. Renters had moved out. Found an Itialian rifle from WW2. Took it home, took it apart cleaned it. Still have it.

2nd, did not actually find it, but rode past. Riding through a community look over and seen a woman lying next to the woods in the fetal posistion. came back a few hours later the cops and coroner had the area taped off. Seen on the news that night the lady had been shot in the head 3x.

9. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

a gatorade bottle to relieve myself:D

10. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

A hot 20 year old college girl who likes to lay out by the pool while I mow her neighbors lawn.I must say in the summer it takes me longer to do that lawn.:clapping: