Ok...here is a trenchblade picture

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitro121, Jun 23, 2008.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

This is what happens in about 15 - 30 seconds in hard, hard dirt.

Enjoy,
    Gary

100_0531.jpg

100_0532.jpg

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

If you angle it you can get a little wider trench. What I do is take my hoe and trim the inside of the bed. You will be suprised how fast it goes. I find I sue my trenchblade over my Brown bed edger unless Im installing a new bed

3. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

So you guys use this blade to make a 2 inch grove in the lawn and then just cover the grass with something like bark or straw on one side of the grove?

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I use mine to maintain exsisting beds and most of the time theres little or no grass to deal with. I knock down the bed side with a hoe. It makes a little lip to hold mulch. Its about a 100 times faster than a shovel.

Look at Trench blade website, you can try one for under 10$ including shipping

5. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

When you are cutting in a new bed you have to work it a bit, but you can get a good trench on a new bed coming at an angle, then spray out the turf with round up, and cover with mulch or pine straw.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to order a few here soon...I guess I'll chime in then with some feedback. Anything has got to be better than a shovel. Especially if you're solo, if there's a lot of edging to be done, I'm about shot for the day after that. So if it makes my life easier and faster then it's gotta be good...

7. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

but my guy did, on an existing bed, and said it worked great. That is not at an angle or anything....I just put it down straight and worked it back and forth...It is about 2 - 3" deep (or however low a 210 Echo Edger will go).