Ok here's the plan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chipk1, Jan 13, 2011.

1. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Seeing that the oil companies and speculators are banning together to raise revenues by raise prices, and seeing how for no reason coffee has doubled in just 1 year due to speculation. And seeing how our the local restaurants and grocery store suppliers are collectively jacking up their prices. Seeing how a quart of oil has tripled in 3 years. Now that the cost of equipment and maintaining it is outpacing averaged LCO revenues......

I say we all band together and ...........

Jack up our rates!

:clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag::clapping::clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag:
    :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Now, who's in?

2. Alluring Lawns

Alluring Lawns LawnSite Member

Way ahead of you, I bumping up my rates 25%, from $10 for any lawn up to $12.50. Time to watch the money roll in!

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

You can jack up your rate, but I think there is a law that forbit companies gang up and set price, something called "anti-trust" or something. You better check the law before you really go out and organize anything to be safe. I don't think any companies really openly meet together and set any price, it must be all hush hush.

4. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

Im with you no more rollback prices time to jack them up to where theres good profit roll in the dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Ohhh... Ok than this is a hush hush thread.. DO NOT tell anyone about it!

Someone should tell these other companies that it is illegal to do that also.

But it is the :usflag: way!

6. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

They know, a lot of thing can be done without saying.

7. now thats funny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that only works if you can get all the LCOs in your area

9. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

gas stations do it

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Here is the problem with the plan. Gas, groceries, etc are a necessity, lawn care is a luxury. What will be one of the first things folks cut lose when they are tightening they budget, lawn care, maid care, and the likes.

I would like to raise my prices but unemployment is so bad here folks are begging for jobs and LCO's are a dime a dozen. Its sux when we are expendable!