ok, how bout this , would u do it wrong for her?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 2, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

once again, the nicest customer in the world hires me to do a small cleanup, and remove/replace 4 spreading yews. BUT, she wants them planted her way. how is that u may ask? she wants the top of the root ball buried 4 inches beneath the surface! she stands over me and watches, i do as she asks. would u do it like this?

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

i would do it,,,,and tell her there is NO waranty! those are the best jobs in the world,,,,no liability

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

There are some people that just don't believe us when we talk. I would do it with no guaranty. Be sure to tell her that this isn't the proper planting technique.

If you don't some one els will.

4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i would bury her in the hole if she insisted on standing over my shoulder.:eek:

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I would tell her no....that is not the correct way of planting them and they will die if planted in that fashon. If she still insisted Id have to pass on the job. I am hired for my expertise...if they insist on telling me how to do my job Im not interested in working for them.

6. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I would say the same as others said. Plant it your way? Fine. No warranty from me. And then again, does she call the plumber to come out and fix a leak and tell him how to do it?

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

If the customer is paying, the customer is always right...........
    Do it.
    DP

8. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

Hey doc, you tell that to the plumber or a/c guy?

9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

BOBBY

I would tell her that it is WRONG, but I'll do what she wants, since it is HER MONEY. NO WARRANTY. PLUS DOUBLE SURCHARGE if she supervises!

Mike

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if she insists, i'd plant them upside down.